Thursday, June 17, 2010

Guest Post - Deg's pulled pork


I may be the crafter/baker/mess maker in our house, but my hubby makes the most amazing pulled pork ever. And I'm being serious. I don't eat pork, and I love this stuff. (I know a few of you have had some, and you'll agree that it's pretty dang good.) So here's Deg with his pulled pork!

Time needed: 8 hours in the crock-pot, 10 minutes active prep time (5 at the start, 5 at the end
Level of difficulty: easy
Materials needed: crock pot, creole seasoning (I prefer Tony Chachere's), 1 onion diced, 2 cans of diced tomatoes with chipotle peppers, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, 5 lb Boston butt pork roast (or similar cut), preferably bone-in

Directions: Give the pork a full coating around the outside with the creole seasoning. Add the cinnamon on top. Put it in the crock pot with your onions and the 2 cans of tomatoes. Set the crock pot to low and let it do its thing for 8 hours. Pull the pork out at the end and shred up the meat with a couple of forks. Put it back into the saucy mixture, and serve. I prefer to put it on fried corn tortillas. The wifey likes to put it in a big salad (kind of like a Cafe Rio thing). Do what works for you, and be prepared to impress everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin?