Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream

Yeah, yeah, another vegan recipe. I got an ice cream maker from my in laws for Christmas, and while I made the vegan recipe for my vegan friend, I think this is my favorite creation from it so far.

Time Needed: 2 1/2 hours
Level of difficulty: easy
Materials needed: 1 1/2 cups soy milk, 1 can coconut milk, 1/2 cup agave nectar, 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions: Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and whisk until completely combined. Alternatively, you can put the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Place the bowl or blender container in the refrigerator, and chill it for at least two hours. You may choose to skip this step, but your ice cream will not freeze as solidly if you do. After chilling the ingredients, place the mixture into your ice cream maker, and process according to the manufacturer's directions. Serve immediately, or store in a freezer-safe container until ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin?