Friday, June 10, 2011

Cutie Pies

I am headed to a murder mystery party tomorrow (pics of the costumes that have been made to come), and I am in charge of making dessert. So I decided to do a fun, summery dessert and make a strawberry pie. But why stop there? Why not make individual serving pies? Oh yeah, that happened. Let's take a look:

Ingredients: 2 (8 inch) pie shells, divided into 8 ramekins and baked, 2 1/2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced, 1 1/2 cup white sugar, 4 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 cups boiling water, 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry flavored gelatin

Directions:
Bake off the pie shells.
In a saucepan, mix together the sugar and corn starch; make sure to blend corn starch in completely. Add boiling water, and cook over medium heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.Add gelatin mix, and stir until smooth. Let mixture cool to room temperature. Slice strawberries so you can fit more berry goodness in each pie shell!Place strawberries in pie shells and then spoon gelatin mixture evenly into pies. Chill in the fridge until set.My thoughts? Serve with vanilla ice cream. :)

3 comments:

  1. These are so cute and look delicious! We are your newest followers. We are featuring these pies on our "Fresh Food Friday" segment tomorrow! Come grab a button!

    www.sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I found you from your feature at six sisters stuff! This looks delicious! I love making new blog friends, especially ones with delicious looking recipes! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin?